Here are some simple instructions on how to setup a job within mythtv using the mythweb plugin. The mythtv site has some information on user jobs, but not very descriptive on how to setup through mythweb.
- Go to your mythtweb web page – wherever that may be (e.g. http://127.0.0.1/mythweb)
- Click on the settings icon
- Choose the setting for mythtv – you should now have a list of settings similar to this. Make sure you have the “Edit settings for: -All Hosts-” is selected.
- JobAllowUserJob1 – this needs to be set to 1 for on (as opposed to 0 for off)
- UserJobDesc1 – this is a simple description for the job. Whatever you want to make it.
- UserJob1 – this is the command you want to run itself (e.g. /usr/local/bin/mythnuv2mp4.sh –jobid=%JOBID% –quality=med –copydir=/media/videos/newly.exported –chanid=%CHANID% –starttime=%STARTTIME)
You can essentially run whatever script you like as a user job. Go to this page on the mythtv site for a description on the job arguments. The example I have used is from my previous blog on setting up the mythnuv2mkv script which is quite useful for exporting TV recordings for later use. Click here for more information.
5. Now once you make the changes you want, make sure you press the “Save” button at the bottom of the form to commit the changes.
6. In order to use the new job, you will need to restart mythtv.
$ /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend restart OR $ service mythtv-backend restart
The job should now be ready to go. All you need to do is highlight the TV recording you want to run the job on press the menu button on your remote and you should see under the job options section your job description. Select it and it should run. Under system status you can view the job status.
I hope that helps.